Post-China updateFebruary 12, 2013
Yep, I haven’t updated in a while. So what happened in the last year?
- Went to china to participate in HAXLR8R, the first hardware startup accelerator, which took place in Shenzhen. Read about it here!
- Came back a few weeks early because I couldn’t get what I needed there, went to San Francisco for demo day and launched a kickstarter project.
- Demo day was a flop and my kickstarter failed. I just wasn’t ready for it. I didn’t have a team, I was exhausted after China, and I didn’t know how to do media campaigns.
- I learned my lesson and brought on a couple of co-founders to handle marketing and business development.
- I learned another lesson about hiring people I’m not completely comfortable with, and was able to fire him before the paperwork was signed making him official.
- I drove across the country with my girlfriend to go to an amazing wedding and see friends and be with Erin’s family.
- I continued product development for a long time, making it manufacturable, talking to U.S. factories, jumping through regulatory hoops, getting prototypes in the field with beta testers, and in general making the product and the business awesome.
- I sent balloons into near space.
- I have become an expert in many things business and startup related.
And now you’re caught up. 🙂
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.