University Of Great Falls
As the webmaster of www.ugf.edu (it looks a lot different now) during the summer of 2002, I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about web development and structure, as well as hone my people skills. While there, I accomplished a great deal, though there were some things I wasn’t allowed to do that would have significantly improved the site. This was essentially my first professional job, and I learned a lot from it. I was young, inexperienced, and enthusiastic, and this job was great for me. I learned a lot about web design, but I learned more about politics. Some of the things I worked on while I was there:
- Added a sitewide search.
- Added a campus map with detailed descriptions and popup photos of each building.
- Built a contact page.
- Created an online course registration process.
- Created course, department, and faculty web site areas.
- Conversion of the site from mostly image buttons to CSS+Text links to reduce the size of the page significantly.
- Created a search-able database with the course schedule.
- Created screensavers, downloadable logos, and other digital media.